Sunday, November 30, 2008

Care Packages!
This is Kelsey's mom. She was unable to finish her blog and asked me to pass on one more thing when we talked this morning. (She sound great, by the way and enjoyed spending Thanksgiving with other volunteers in Zinder - even with a turkey dinner - of course, they had to kill it to cook it.............)
She wanted to let everyone know that she loves the letters and pictures, emails and facebook messages. If anyone would like to send a care package it is really appreciated and these would be some suggestions. I send the priority mail flat rate boxes. It takes about a month and she does have to pay a little to "pick them up".
Coffee
peanut m&ms - these are the only candy that does not melt
any boxes of meals, like Pad Thai
dvds - newer movies
pictures!!
parmesan cheese
homemade cookies
oreos
crystal light packets to put in water bottles
cookies, brownies, muffin mixes
foil bags of meat (chicken, tuna)
beef jerkey
salsa
travel games
books that you liked
flip flops
good smelling lotion or body wash
inexpensive shirts
letters! they make her day

Thanks to all of you for your prayers, letters, interest in the blog

5 comments:

NIGER1.COM said...

NIGER NEWS WWW.NIGER1.COM

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelsey! I love your blog, and I can actually read it more now because we got a laptop here.
Your stories are so great!

I really do admire your courage to be in another country, and I can't wait to see you again and see all your pictures!!

Merry Christmas!

Ben Oni said...

Kelsey, this month has been a mad house of craziness and i wish i would have been more on my game to send you a wonderful care package. i thought about it every free second i had, but just never made it happen. i hope you have a wonderful holiday in niger. i love you and miss you. and i hope that all is well. i check your blog and your pictures just about every day. it's on my quick link next to yahoo and facebook. your stories are FANTASTIC. anyways! much love to ya, kels!
Ben

sueb said...

we're sending love and hugs to you for a Merry Christmas. We miss you and admire you constantly. Love, mom and dad

Unknown said...

Hello Kelsey, this is Caline, your mom's friend. I worked with her at Dr. Couk's. ANyways, you are the best writer! Your blogs are just great. It's like I am reading a book. I am so happy for you and all your new adventures, and all the memories you're making and all the lives you are touching. I also cannot wait to see pictures, and am looking forward to reading more of your adventures. Oh, before I forget, why are you called Baranka? I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you continue to win the fight against the bugs! Caline