Saturday, July 5, 2008

Next to come...

Well, I can't say I know all too much about what is about to happen. But here's what I do know. I'm off to Philadelphia tomorrow morning far too early, then after a few days of what can only be described as a government sponsored pep rally with a few dozen shots thrown in I'm off to Niger. On my birthday. Either I get a really long birthday or I miss it altogether, I haven't quite figured out that whole international date-line thing yet. The important point to make is that after talking to some wonderful Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (or RPCV's, because everything with these people is an acronym) I found out that while I'm in my 3 months of training there is a very good chance I won't have internet access. So this may be it for a while. Feel free to write me or email me! And pray for me or send be happy vibes, as always. Back to those wonderful RPCV's, I feel a little more confident about what's going to happen next based on the stories they told and the obvious passion they have for the countries in which they served. I hear I'll be eased in relatively slowly to the life of a volunteer, and Nigerien people are warm and lighthearted people who value humor, which of course makes me a happy camper. So until next time friends, whenever that will be, good bye and thank you!

15 comments:

Alex W said...

Wow!!! Should I give it a week before I write to the Nigerian address?! Oh by the way..... nice disclaimer, I just saw it ;) Take care over there!!!

Anonymous said...

Can we send packages too? you know...twinkies and other never spoiling items?

NIGER1.COM said...

Hello I am from Niger and live in New york City
Before leaving for Niger check my website http://www.niger1.com
My email is niger1.com@Gmail.com
I will be in Philadelphia tomorow and tuesday may be i will se eyou there
My name is Mousa
email me at niger1.com@gmail.com

sueb said...

Have a wonderful 22nd birthday as you fly....... I'll be singing the Happy Birthday song to you. love, mom

donnas said...

Happy 22nd! Thanks for sharing your blog. We will pass it on to our family! Be safe...

Anonymous said...

Alex...why wait a week? haha.

Well hey Kels...birthday's last more than one day anyway, so you can make it last longer if you wish. lol.

Miss you already!

Cheri Cole said...

WOW - What a great, exciting, experience! This sounds incredible!!

Have a great time..!

benoita17 said...

Kelsey,
It was so great to meet you. Have a safe trip and a happy birthday with your new stage mates. I look forward to hearing the updates!
Anne-Claire

Kimberly said...

Kelsey, I am so excited for you, and I can't wait to read your blog posts!

Judy & Kelly said...

Kelsey, I'm so excited for you. By the way, Happy Birthday!! Take care and be safe!! Love, Judy & Kelly

JimK said...

Hope that your birthday was nice. We admire you for your dedication and hope your adventure is a great one. Looking forward to reading your blogs. Take care. Love UncleJim

Anonymous said...

I love your blog so far! I had that background also~lol
I can't wait to read up on all of your travels and adventures!

Corinne said...

I am praying you and sending you hugs and love your way. I will sing you happy birthday on your birthday and you will be able to hear it because I am asking God to send it to you! I love you and I can't believe your leaving is already here. I hate this but I am remembering this is God's will and He is going to take care of you better than if you were here with us. I love you have fun training! And remember you are loved so very much!

deborahf said...

Happy Birthday my little friend! Take good care of your self, stay in touch, and I will help keep your mom busy. Deborha

Anonymous said...

TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! here's a song, and yes it's from a real song:

"They say it's your birthday!!! We're gonna have a good time!!! I'm glad it's your birthday!!! Happy birthday to you!!!"